- ? The BD-S667 supports 1080p/24 playback of Blu-ray discs.
- ? The player has internal Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and can pass these formats in bitstream form over HDMI.
- ? It supports BD-Live Web content and can play picture-in-picture bonus content.
- ? The BD-S667 includes Netflix VOD and DLNA media streaming.
- ? It has remote control in/out ports.
- ? The BD-S667 lacks multichannel analog audio outputs, so it's not the best choice for someone who owns an older, non-HDMI A/V receiver.
- ? The player lacks internal memory, so you must add your own USB storage device.
- ? It doesn't support wireless connectivity to your home network, and its Web platform is limited, compared with the competition.
Slowly but surely, Yamaha is catching up with the competition in terms of Blu-ray pricing and features, but they aren't quite there yet. Yes, this model adds DLNA media streaming and Netflix, but you can still find less-expensive players that include 3D-readiness, WiFi, internal storage, and/or a larger assortment of Web-based services. If those particular features aren't important to you and you're looking for a nice counterpart to your Yamaha receiver, the BD-S667 is a logical choice.