- This TV has a 1080p resolution and will accept 24p sources via its HDMI inputs.
- Motionflow 120Hz technology effectively reduces motion blur andoffers multiple settings to tailor the smoothing effect to your liking.
- LCDs can be very bright, which makes them a good choice for a brightly lit viewing environment.
- The TV has a solid amount of connection options and picture adjustments.
- The USB port allows for easy playback of digital media files.Low Points
- The KDL-46EX500 uses a traditional CCFL backlight, so its black levelwill likely not be as deep as you'll find in the better full-arrayLED-based LCDs with local dimming.
- LCD viewing angles are not as good as you'll find with a plasma TV.
- This TV lacks 3D capability.
- It does not support media streaming or Sony's BRAVIA Internet Videoplatform, for access to video-on-demand, YouTube and other Web services.
The KDL-46EX500 has an MSRP of $1099.99, but it is available for less
than $1,000, which makes it a good value for a 46-inch Sony TV. It
doesn't offer all the benefits you get with higher-end Sony
models--like LED lighting, a super-slim cabinet, and Web/network
access--but it is a 1080p display with four HDMI inputs and the
all-important 120Hz technology needed to reduce motion blur in an LCD.
It's a solid choice for someone who wants an affordable, 1080p Sony TV
that will see a lot of use with sports, action flicks, and gaming