I listor: 2
- This is one of the lowest-priced receiverson the market that will decode all the new codecs of Blu-ray and HDDVD, as well as control the rest of your home theater and even a secondzone.
- Audyssey MultiEQ room correction ensures maximum performancefor any room, while the well-thought-out inputs and outputs make this areceiver that can grow with you as your system changes.
- Marantz'snew cosmetic design has a much more modern look than the classic goldand black front fascia they have used for years; it will blend nicelywith any décor.
- The 90 watts per channel the SR5003 offers will be limiting for larger rooms, especially with inefficient speakers. As a place to start for people with bigger rooms, the Marantz SR5003 is perfectly suitable. For those looking to make the paint fall off the ceiling, you can always add an external seven-channel amp.
- The three-to-one HDMI switching will suffice for some simpler system configurations, but for larger, more complex theaters, there simply aren't enough HDMI inputs. You either need a bigger receiver or an external HDMI switcher, and most of these devices will not pass the HD audio that this receiver can so effectively decode.
- The SR5003 does do video scaling, but for larger screens (like a front projector), you might want to use another product to scale your video to improve performance. The DVDO Edge comes to mind as a solution. For most HDTVs, the Marantz SR5803 will be perfectly suitable for video scaling.
The Marantz SR 5003 is one of the lowest-priced receivers that can handle all the new audio codecs of Blu-ray and HD DVD and, as such, must be applauded. The famed Marantz sound quality is present in this receiver, but the 90 watts per channel may be a bit too low for larger rooms or systems with inefficient speakers. For anyone looking to build a cutting edge theater without spending yourself into oblivion, I can solidly recommend the Marantz SR5003 receiver.
Inget betygMarantz SR5003 AV Receiver
The Marantz SR5003 AV Receiver is a mid-range AV Receiver that sports many high-end features. While a newly designed, aluminum and glass-reinforced body is immediately eye-catching, the SR5003 brings a welcome assortment of technology inside. This model has 90 watt per channel and 7 channel surround sound that will satisfy even longtime home theater enthusiasts with its combination of power and performance all for a low MSRP of around $800.The SR5003’s linear power supply is engineered using a high-capacity EI core transformer. In addition, well-thought-out capacitors add to this model’s solid design. Much like previous models manufactured by Marantz, the SR5003 mounts all audio circuits on a separate board. As a result, video and control signals will not interfere with the system by providing optimum isolation.The SR5003 also accommodates all of the latest high-resolution audio formats like DTS-HD in High ...