I listor: 10
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Review
- Decent resolution across the frame when stopped down.
- Good resistance to flare.
- Low vignetting at maximum aperture.
- Barrel distortion may be noticeable in critical applications
- Quality towards the edges doesn't really excite until stopped down to f/4
- FEATURES: 7/10
- HANDLING: 7/10
- PERFORMANCE: 7/10
- VALUE FOR MONEY: 7/10
- OVERALL: 7/10
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM review
- Great to use, Fantastic images
- Top value
What an excellent lens! The Canon 50mm f/1.4 provides super-sharp results in the centre of the frame at any aperture, even wide open. The edges are softer than the centre at f/1.4 and f/2, but by f/2.8 they've caught up, and from there on this lens delivers stunningly sharp results. This lens really shows what a full-frame EOS sensor can do
Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Lens Review
•Excellent image quality when stopped down
•Essentially no lateral chromatic aberration
•Fast and accurate autofocus with full-time manual override
•Distinctly soft and 'dreamy' at wider apertures (F1.4-F1.8)
•Bokeh chromatic aberration, most visible at wide apertures
•Vignetting at wide apertures on full frame (essentially disappears by F2.8)
•Somwhat susceptible to flare