I listor: 10
Corsair Carbide 200R
- Excellent assembly process
- Extremely easy hard drive installation
- Plenty of space for fans
- Can hold all-in-one liquid cooling solutions
- Plenty of room for large CPU coolers and long graphics cards
- Nifty white power LED
- Very good cable routing possibilities
- Unique way to place up to four 2.5" drives within the case
- Metal tension lock for ODDs are simple but effective
- Multiple openings where dust can enter freely
- No possibility to use the USB 3.0 connector for USB 2.0 based boards
- Basic I/O
- Tool-less aspects work very well, but you may want to drop a screw in to hold things down perfectly
Corsair Carbide 200R Case Review
Quality Score 9.0/10
Performance Score 9.5/10
Aesthetics Score 8.0/10
Value Score 10/10
? ?When it comes to value for money, the Carbine 200R undoubtedly ranks amongst the best cases, in history.?
? ?The expandability of the Carbide 200R is nothing short of legendary for a case of this price range, allowing the installation of maximum performance hardware, watercooling systems and multiple SSD drives right out of the box.?
? ?As far as thermal performance is concerned, the Carbide 200R heavily bludgeons any case we have ever encountered anywhere near its price range.?
? ?With just two 120mm stock fans and not much else, the Carbine 200R not only smites the vast majority of products around its price group but many high end cases as well; cases which might be retailing for two or even three times as much as the Carbine 200R at the time of this review.?
Corsair Carbide 200R Mid-Tower
Corsair did an outstanding job with the Carbide 200R. It isn?t that often that you are grace with so many extras in a $60 PC tower. There are many cases in this price range to choose from and most of the time it comes down to features, looks, ease to build or simply company rep. and with the 200R you get all that plus some.
The Carbide 200R doesn?t have that out-of-the-way gaming styling nor does it have all the bling that many companies try to all to a cheaper priced case to get it to sale to the masses. The 200R is very simple and down-to-earth. Visually speaking. The subtle looks can be liked by many and can fit the needs of more than just one type of PC user. Need a gaming rig? You can achieve it with the 200R. Need a new system for the office? You can build it with the 200R. Need a system for the wife so she doesn?t occupy time on yours? Get a 200R.
Inget betygCorsair Carbide 200R review
Guru3D Great Value
Overall we think the Carbide 200R is a spot on chassis. A quick check here in the Netherlands shows that the 200R can be found for 55 EUR already, and that I feel is a price I'd be comfortable with. As stated in the review the we spotted it in the USA for 59 USD already. And you know what, honestly you can not go wrong with it. If you need a simple not too big chassis, then the R200 should by high on your wish-list. For the money you really great a mainstream chassis with all black design up-to and including the cabling. It's tool-free and has plenty of storage space. Inside there is decent room to work in and to manage your cabling. Ther's lots of meshes and additional cooling options and the cherry on top of it all are the USB 3.0 headers.
The build quality I don't have anything to complain about either, combined with the sufficient enough feature set make this chassis downright interesting. We can recommend the Carbide 200R as a value chassis. The competition at this feature level is stiff though and there are many cases out there offering something similar for roughly the same price. But the 200R is definitely something worth recommending and at 55 EUR we feel it's priced real fair. So if you are in the market for a compact chassis that is loaded with features and a style you like .. look no further.
Inget betygCorsair Carbide 200R Case Review
Hardware Secrets Golden Award
- Outstanding cost/benefit ratio
- Excellent construction quality for the price
- Air filter for the power supply and front fans
- Supports eight fans (comes with two)
- Supports four 3.5” and four 2.5” devices at the same time
- Tool-less installation mechanisms for all storage devices, including 2.5”
- Vented slot covers
- Expansion cards are fastened using thumbscrews
- Support for 240 mm radiators on the top panel
- First video card can be up to 16.9” (430 mm) long; others can be up to 11.8” (300 mm) long
- A huge cutout in the motherboard tray for accessing the backplate of the CPU cooler
- Holes for routing cables behind the motherboard tray
- Clips for fastening cables using cable ties
- No air filters for the optional left, bottom, and top fans
The Corsair Carbide 200R provides an outstanding value for users who are looking for an inexpensive yet decent case. It offers several features usually only found on more expensive products.Strong PointsOutstanding cost/benefit ratioExcellent construction quality for the priceAir filter for the power supply and front fansSupports eight fans (comes with two)Supports four 3.5” and four 2.5” devices at the same timeTool-less installation mechanisms for all storage devices, including 2.5”Vented slot coversExpansion cards are fastened using thumbscrewsSupport for 240 mm radiators on the top panelFirst video card can be up to 16.9” (430 mm) long; others can be up to 11.8” (300 mm) longA huge cutout in the motherboard tray for accessing the backplate of the CPU coolerHoles for routing cables behind the motherboard trayClips for fastening cables using cable tiesWeak PointsNo air filters for the optional left, bottom, and top fans